There are several opportunities and sources of funding for overseas students. These grants and scholarships can be applied for to help cover tuition and other costs. There are 2 categories of scholarships and grants to study at TSU.
1) Grants administered by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation from a country (Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programs) cover tuition fees (including study at the Preparatory Faculty), and financial support (scholarship) for the whole period of study. They do NOT cover travel, accommodation, medical insurance and others.
For this grant you should apply in Rossotrudnichestvo in your country.
2) TSU International Students Grant. TSU International Students Grants aim to support international students from countries with a visa regime and to develop a multicultural academic and social environment at the university. It is a COMPENSATORY grant (it is paid post factum after you have spent YOUR own money) for fully covering traveling and accommodation costs, and tuition fees at TSU. The grant competition is held twice a semester. Information about the application period is posted on this site.
In order to participate in the grant competition you need to submit the following documents:
1. The application form, where you should indicate the amount of funding and financial justification (traveling and accommodation costs, tuition fees and others). The official form you can download here (link).
2. A list of published academic works (articles, monographs, etc.), certificates and other official documents which can prove your active academic, social and sport achievements.
3. Copy of your IDs: copies of all pages of your passport, a copy of the certificate proving your migration registration in Russia, the number of your bank account in Russia, electronic ticket from the country of your permanent residence to TSU, payment receipt of tuition fees, and payment receipt for accommodation in the dormitory “Parus”.
An electronic copy of documents should be submitted to the email address email@example.com, a hard copy should be brought to Office 326 on the 3rd floor the University’s Main Building. You can receive detailed information from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and all documents which do not meet the requirements mentioned above will not be considered.