On November 30 - December 1, 2017, TSU will hold the second international forum “Russian Education in the Eurasian Context” in Hanoi (Vietnam). Its goal is to show the possibilities of Russian education, to discuss the methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language, and to present projects to promote the Russian language and culture in Vietnam and Laos.
The central event will be an open seminar for teachers and graduates of Russian and Soviet universities to promote the Russian language and culture abroad.
- In Soviet times, Russian was studied in Vietnam as the first foreign language, now it is the third. The forum will be a platform for discussing the problems of teaching and new methods, and we will share the experience of our Tomsk school. In addition, we will announce a competition for projects to promote the Russian language in Vietnam, in which graduates of Soviet and Russian universities will be able to participate. The winner will be awarded a trip to Tomsk, - said Svetlana Fashchanova, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Philology for training international citizens.
The forum will be held on four topics:
· Russian Language and Russian Education in the Modern World
Reports and presentations on modern teaching methods in the university, including the teaching of the Russian language, literature, culture, and other topical issues of education in Russia
· Conducting master classes
Master classes on teaching the Russian language, culture, and literature for international students and teachers
· Presentation and discussion platform
Poster reports on the Russian language, teaching Russian as a foreign language, and education issues in Russia
· Exhibition and presentation platform
Video and print advertising materials and exhibits for the poster exhibition about their university, as well as educational and methodological literature created by the university teachers, and photographs reflecting the life of the university and the city, and the culture, geography, and nature of the region.
Leading universities in Vietnam, Russian educational centres in Vietnam and Laos, organizations collaborating with Russia, compatriots living abroad, and graduates of Russian and Soviet universities will attend the forum. It is planned to attract teachers, post-graduate students, university students, and schoolchildren, including students and interns in Russia.
Registration for participation in the forum is on the site http://www.rossinvuz.ru
The registration deadline for Russian universities wishing to submit reports and materials is October 25, 2017.
The working language is Russian.
Contacts of the organizing committee: email@example.com.
The Forum is supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo).