Faculty of Geology and Geography

The structure of the faculty:

Also the structure of the faculty includes:

IMG_6430.jpg IMG_6295.jpg

Areas of training:

Paleontological Museum named after Hahlov

Since the end of XIX century in Tomsk State University appeared the first paleontological collections, comprising the present "gold" fund of the Museum of Paleontology. These collections were transferred to the first Siberian University at the time of its inception (1878) by the various patrons. Part of the submitted exhibits was made 150 years ago by the well-known German company "Krantz".

Paleontological material which is constantly coming from the newly drilled wells, and as a result of the annual field trips allows to conduct fundamental research on the evolution of life on Earth.

Mineralogical Museum named after Bazhenov

It was opened in 1888 by Professor Zaitsev and it is the oldest and the largest university museums beyond the Urals. The museum serves the educational and training functions and represents the part of the Department of Mineralogy and Geochemistry. 

Gold fund of the museum are collections gathered by perennial expeditions of teachers and students. Most of these studies took place on the Asian continent, where the giant Central Asian fold belt, bringing together numerous ranges of Altai, Sayan, Kuznetsk Alatau, Eastern and Western Tanuola, Mongolia and Transbaikal is placed. Today, the museum contains the rich collection of mineral specimens of dozen deposits of the belt.

Geological Museum