Research Advisor —
Mikhail A. Sheremet
Tomsk State University
The direction of training for which the graduate student will be accepted
Mechanics of liquid, gas and plasma
thermal physics and theoretical heat engineering
The code of the field of study for which the graduate student will be accepted
List of research projects of a potential supervisor (participation / leadership)
Convective-radiative heat transfer in complex domains;
Conjugate heat transfer in a window system;
Conjugate heat transfer in solar collectors;
Turbulent natural convection in irregular chambers with local heaters;
Complex heat transfer in porous enclosures with local heat sources;
Complex heat transfer in building elements;
Melting/solidification of PCM in engineering systems
Title (the research area of the supervisor)
Conjugate convective heat and mass transfer
List of possible research topics
Grant of the Russian Science Foundation 17–79–20141 (leadership)
Grant of the President of the Russian Federation MD-821-2019-8 (manual)
State task of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education 0721-2020-0036 (participation)
Supervisor’s research interests:
Conjugate heat and mass transfer
Natural, mixed and forced convection
Heat and mass transfer in porous media
Fluid flow and heat transfer in nanofluids
Turbulent heat and mass transfer
Convective-radiative heat transfer
Heat transfer and flow pattern in electronic systems
Computational fluid dynamics
The proposed analysis will be performed using modern computational techniques (finite difference method, finite volume method, lattice Boltzmann method and others). For numerical simulation in-house computational codes will be developed. Investigations will be conducted in cooperation with foreign scientists from USA, Canada, Great Britain, Romania, Italy, China, India.
Supervisor’s specific requirements
• programming languages (C++ or Fortran or others for computations)
• commercial CFD software (Fluent, Comsol Multiphysics) or open CFD software (OpenFOAM)
Supervisor’s main publications
During the last 5 years (2015-2019) Prof. Sheremet published 196 papers indexed in Web of Science or Scopus databases. h-index is 45 (Scopus).
Main published papers are
• Martyushev S.G., Sheremet M.A. Conjugate natural convection combined with surface thermal radiation in a three-dimensional enclosure with a heat source, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 73 (2014) 340–353.
• Sheremet M.A., Pop I., Rahman M.M. Three-dimensional natural convection in a porous enclosure filled with a nanofluid using Buongiorno’s mathematical model, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 82 (2015) 396–405.
• Shenoy A., Sheremet M., Pop I. Convective flow and heat transfer from wavy surfaces: viscous fluids, porous media and nanofluids, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2016.
• Bondareva N.S., Buonomo B., Manca O., Sheremet M.A. Heat transfer inside cooling system based on phase change material with alumina nanoparticles, Applied Thermal Engineering 144 (2018) 972–981.
• Miroshnichenko I.V., Sheremet M.A. Turbulent natural convection heat transfer in rectangular enclosures using experimental and numerical approaches: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 82 (2018) 40–59.
Results of intellectual activity
All scientific results have been obtained using the developed computational codes. In-house computational codes have been registered in Rospatent (40 certificates).