We are looking forward to meeting you in Tomsk, so we would like to help you prepare for your arrival and academic year at TSU. We highly appreciate your trust and make everything to create a safe and comfortable study environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below you will find the Rules concerning your arrival (if you are not in Tomsk yet) as well as some recommendations for you to get involved in the community of TSU, one of the oldest universities in Russia (est. 1878) with strong research schools and rich traditions.
1. The arrival dates have been changed to guarantee every student’s personal safety. We strongly recommend that you arrive in Tomsk and get a room in the student residence hall from August 25 till October 11, 2021.
2. Students from countries with a visa regime, who are going to study at TSU, crossing the state border of the Russian Federation, must fill in the form here no later than 4 days before your arrival. Please state all your arrival details carefully.
3. You must have a medical document (in Russian or in English) confirming the negative result of COVID-19 PCR test issued no earlier than three days prior to your arrival in Russia. (it is impossible to go through border control without it!)
4. In case you have it, bring along a document proving that you have either been vaccinated against or recovered from COVID-19. ATTENTION! Having such a certificate does not annul Point 3 of the Rules.
5. After arrival in Tomsk you will have a 3-day isolation period in the new TSU residence hall.
6. During the isolation period you have to undergo another COVID-19 PCR test. The cost of the test is about 2000 rubles.
Please make sure you have enough money upon arrival to pay for the COVID-19 PCR test and for your food during the isolation period.
You will be able to order food online, the courier service is free. The Internet during the isolation period is free.
7. Please, be informed that after the isolation you will have to undergo the medical examination to be settled in the student residence hall (a fluorography and a medical note from the general practitioner). The specialists from the International Student Services Center will help you with it.
To check in to the student residence hall the student will have to submit the following documents:
1) Medical certificate of the negative result of the COVID-19 PCR test (before crossing the border);
2) Medical certificate of the negative result of the COVID-19 PCR test (after crossing the border and obtained within 3 days);
3) Medical certificate of X-ray fluorography (obtained no earlier than 11 months);
4) Medical certificate of the absence of pediculosis and scabies (obtained no earlier than 3 days before check-in to the student residence hall);
5) Certificate of TSU student status;
6) Passport, ID (+ copies of all completed pages);
7) Migration card (+ a copy of it).
You can check in to the student residence hall only if you provide ALL documents mentioned above.
Specialists of the International Student Services Centre will help you to get a Medical certificate of X-ray fluorography and a Medical certificate of the absence of pediculosis and scabies (room 15, Residence Hall “Parus”, 3a Buyanovsky lane, email: email@example.com).
8. We strongly recommend buying a health insurance policy. With this insurance, you will be able to get high-quality medical help throughout Russia. Our specialists from the International Student Services Center will also help you with buying this insurance.
We will be glad to answer your questions. You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get an online consultation with our specialists.
ATTENTION: due to the COVID-19 restrictions, please, be very attentive while planning your trip to Russia.
If you have to take connecting flights (so you will cross borders of different countries during your flight), the country from which you will arrive in a Russian city must be open for international visitors by the date of your arrival. The list of countries that have lifted borders with the Russian Federation can be found here.