In 1999, the Russian Ministry of Education Innovation Center was transformed into the Russian State University of Innovation Technologies and Entrepreneurship (ITBU).
Faculty of Innovative Technologies was established in 2009 at National Research Tomsk State University by the order of Rector on the basis of West Siberian Branch of Russian State University of Innovation Technologies and Entrepreneurship. The faculty staff includes – 2 Academicians, 2 Corresponding members of the academy, 15 Doctors of Sciences, 22 Ph.D.
The Faculty successfully develops scientific and scientific-methodological support for innovation activity and promotes its own innovative projects. It allows training highly qualified specialists, who meet the requirements of innovative development of national and international economies.
- Quality management (head by Professor Vladimir Syryamkin, Dr. Sc. in Physics and Mathematics, e-mail: email@example.com)
- Innovation management (head by Professor Anatoliy Soldatov, Dr. Sc. in Physics and Mathematics, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Informational support of innovative activity (head by senior research assistant) Sergey Minkov, Ph.D. in Physical and Mathematical Sciences, e-mail: email@example.com).
Main research centers and laboratories
- International research laboratory of intelligent, diagnostic, radiation and laser-optical systems and technologies.
- Research laboratory – Instrumentation
- Research laboratory of high-performance reconfigurable systems
- Research laboratory of laser and crystal physics
The Faculty has some laboratories in its structure
Laboratory of Laser Physics and Crystal physics
Research and development of high-power multicolor pulse-periodic gas lasers with nanosecond pulses and technologies based on them
Laboratory of High-performance Reconfigurable Systems
- Fundamental Research and development of models and methods for analyzing and organizing the operation of reconfigurable systems.
- Distributed computing systems with reconfigurable structure;
- Information technologies, navigation, control theory, micro and nano-electronics and robotics;
- Computer modeling of objects for special purposes.
One of the important activities of the faculty is to promote international cooperation.
International Research and Education Center "Lasers and laser technologies" was created on the base of the Faculty of Innovative Technologies. It consists of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Sofia, Bulgaria) and OOO «Pulslight» (Sofia, Bulgaria). Faculty of Innovative Technologies also works with "Hyperboloid" (New York, USA) and Harbin Institute of Technology (Harbin, China).
The Faculty also operates Tomsk office of technology platform "Photonics".